The price is only Led Strip, Not Included Power Supply or Led Controller!
WS2811 Must Use DC12V Power Supply AND Led Controller to Control!
Every 0.5meter with solder joints, please note!
This 5-meter long strip contains 30/60/144 RGB LEDs that can be individually addressed using a one-wire interface, allowing you full control over the color of each RGB LED. The flexible, waterproof strip runs on 5 V and can be chained with additional SK6812 or WS2812B strips to form longer runs or cut apart between each LED for shorter sections.
These flexible RGB LED strips based on the SK6812 LED/driver IC are an easy way to add complex lighting effects to a project. Each LED has an integrated driver that allows you to control the color and brightness of each LED independently. The SK6812’s color and brightness are largely independent of its supply voltage from 3.5 V to 5 V, meaning that voltage drops caused by the resistance in long power connections are less likely to have a visible effect.
These SK6812-based LED strips work as a drop-in replacement for our older WS2812B-based strips in most applications, and they can be chained with the WS2812B-based LED strips. See below for a more detailed comparison of the SK6812 and WS2812B.
In contrast to our APA107S-based LED strips, which use a two-wire SPI interface, the SK6812 is controlled by a one-wire interface with strict timing requirements. See below for a more detailed comparison of the SK6812 and APA102C.
We offer six different kinds of SK6812 LED strips with different LED densities and lengths. Our strips with 30 LEDs per meter are available in three lengths:
Features and specifications
- Individually addressable RGB LEDs (30, 60, or 144 LEDs per meter)
- 24-bit color control (8 bits per channel)
- The one-wire digital control interface
- 5 V typical operating voltage
- Color and brightness are voltage-independent down to 3.5 V
- Each RGB LED draws approximately 40 mA with red, green, and blue at full brightness
- 12 mm width (14 mm for the high-density 144 LEDs per meter strip), 4.6 mm thickness
- Flexible, waterproof silicone rubber sheath (IP65 protection rating)
- Includes flexible silicone mounting brackets
- Black strip color
- Power/data connectors on both strip end for easy chaining
- Additional power and ground wires on the input side for alternate power connections
- Strips can be cut apart along the lines between each RGB LED segment to separate them into usable shorter sections
- Example code available for Arduino, AVR, and embed
White: White PCB; Black: Black PCB
(1) IP30 — No waterproof, for indoor use
(2) IP65 — Silicone coating, easy cut, outdoor use
(3) IP67 — Silicone tube, need to reseal after the cut, outdoor use
(4) IP68 — IP65+IP67, can work underwater ( if you need we can make it for you ! )
Using the LED strip
Each LED strip has three connection points: the input connector, the auxiliary power wires, and the output connector. These can be seen in the adjacent picture, from left to right: auxiliary power wires, input connector, output connector. The strip uses 3-pin JST SM connectors.
The input connector has three male pins inside of a plastic connector shroud, each separated by about 0.1″. The black wire is ground, the green wire is the signal input, and the red wire is the power line.
The auxiliary power wires are connected to the input side of the LED strip and consist of stripped black and red wires. The black wire is ground, and the red wire is the power line. This provides an alternate (and possibly more convenient) connection point for LED strip power.
The output connector is on the other end of the strip and is designed to mate with the input connector of another LED strip to allow LED strips to be chained. The black wire is ground, the green wire is the signal output, and the red wire is the power line.
All three black ground wires are electrically connected, and all three red power wires are electrically connected.
These LED strips ship with flexible silicone brackets and screws. Strips with lengths of 1 meter or greater include five brackets and ten screws per meter. Our 0.5-meter high-density strip ships with a total of two brackets and four screws. The brackets fit over the waterproof sheath and can be used to mount the LED strip. The LED strip also ships on a plastic reel.